Thursday, April 30, 2009

Master Gardener's Plant Sale

click to enlarge

While in Tacoma this past weekend, I went with Momma Mo to the Washington State University Master Gardener's Plant Sale. It was a feast for the eyes with beautiful, locally grown plants sold by the original growers. An entire room was dedicated to tomato plants complete with free educational material and helpful attendants. It was a great way to start the day. I left with two roma tomato plants, one sungold tomato plant, three Tradescantia zebrina, aka "Wandering Jew," and a bunch of gardening know-how that I didn't walk in with. 

Hope this collage (of only a fraction of the plants I saw) inspires you to get outside and create your dream garden. 

(and yes, I totally copied-and-pasted this post from my other blog. Don't judge me.)

2 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

I am so so so jealous! I wanna plant in our yard!!! Cool Collage!

Momma MO said...

I didn't realize you had taken so many pictures! Love the collage!They are beautiful! I love that plant sale..."grown by the masters" and I enjoyed sharing it with you...even if it was cold!
I really want that bright green plant (T.virginiana "Spiderwort"). The hunt is on!