Saturday, February 21, 2009

Meagan's Birthday Present



I have been chomping at the bit, wanting to share the birthday present I made for Meagan. I didn't want to post anything about it until I heard from her that she received it. Well... still no word and I just can't wait any longer Megs. 

This was my first mixed-media painting ever and I am so happy with how it came out. What fun it was to rummage through old ephemera to find background material to collage with. The photo is from a school dance (as if you can't tell), there is a postcard that Meg sent to my dad in 1995, and a page from my 7th grade journal for Mrs. Norton's class that talks about Chris G. and I sending Meagan balloons for her birthday. The bottom of the journal page says "Happy Birthday Meagan" How perfect is that!?!

I am hoping that this piece leads me to more mixed-media painting because it was so much fun.

You can find the detailed post here, on my art blog.

4 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

You are so so so talented. Happy late birthday megs! love you both and thanks for the prayers!

Holly Sharp said...

This looks so great! I am so happy for you that you are creating great art. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the present Sara! You are so talented, and I enjoyed reading the paper you did about our snow adventure! I remember that night to a T...oh those days...I miss em! I will cherish that birthday present forever...thank you for such a sweet, thoughtful, personalized gift! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Mo, you are too dang much! that is a really cool gift. i didn't even know you were an artist. very nice...

so do you work?? i don't see how you get all that stuff done while haveing 2 small children.

Joey