Friday, September 25, 2009

laurelhurst park




a few weekends ago we went to laurelhurst park. it is a ginormous, and beautiful park. really, we couldn't get over how big is it. despite the flurry of activity going on in all the park's nooks and crannies, the sense of calm was undeniable. we spent four hours there, playing on the play structures, feeding the ducks, watching a juggling class. as you can see from the photo, matthew accidentally kicked his shoes into the pond. we had to wait for it to float downstream before i could grab it out. i've washed that shoe twice already and still every time he wears it his feet smell like pond scum at the end of the day. (yuck!)

i find that it is so easy to fall into routine in life. the same parks. same restaurants. same everything. i have to admit that there is still so much of portland that we haven't explored. yet when we do try new places, break through habit and routine, it is so rewarding. so here's to uncharted territory and new adventures.

4 comments:

Hartshorns said...

Have you been to Laughing Planet? It's near Jamison Park (maybe there are others too?)... We stopped in Portland on our way back from Central Oregon last weekend and went there on a recommendation.....it was sooo good!! I want to go back to Portland just for that...well, and stumptown coffee, too :)

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

I really love that park and I never get to that park as much as I would like to. Looks like a beautiful day. :)

jenni mo said...

looks like you guys had a blast. i wish i could have been there. and yes it is extremely easy to fall into habit and routine. i have noticed that about myself lately. and its really starting to drag me down.... it sucks. i NEED to break free before it totally sucks me in!!! i cant wait to see you all. just know that even when i dont call or answer the phone for that matter.... you all are always on my mind and definately always in my heart. love you big sis, always and forever.

Momma Mo said...

What fun! Talya's face says it all! Pure joy! and I love the silouette effect of Matthew at the pond. If you look closely you can even see his eyelashes! But I think those shoes are history. We'll have to check out a park next time I come to visit.
Love you all x 8