Tuesday, September 15, 2009

kindergarden. a beginning.



I can hardly believe that my boy started kindergarden last Friday. The thirteen year adventure that is primary education. We were all so excited and prepared that not a single tear was shed. His first day went so smoothly and better-than-expected, that he was asking when he got to go back the entire weekend.

Since we live 3/4 of a block away (how cool is that!?! It's super easy and quick- plus, I always wanted to live right by school.) Matthew rides his bike while I walk Talya in the stroller. His teacher is named Mrs. Brewer and the class has 24 students. Harrison Park School. He goes from 8:40am to 3:00pm.

My little guy!

*******************

In other news, Carlos started his externship this Monday that will last six weeks. He is at a Legacy Hospital clinic on the Good Samaritan campus in downtown Portland. Because he is externing for such a large hospital system, he should gain useful experience and have a lot of potential for hire once the externship is complete. I cannot believe how fast his schooling flew by. We are all so proud of him for finishing with a 4.0 gpa.

Also, I intend to return to posting here more regularly. This summer was crazy fun and busy but I am embracing the added structure from having Matthew is school all day and Carlos working at his extern. I am still working at the nightclub but will be able to catch up on sleep while Talya is napping during the day, leaving me time to be more than half-awake, to tend to things that I enjoy, like this blog.

Look forward to more photos and stories of our summer and beyond. This is an exciting time for my family!


3 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

YAY glad you're back!

Momma Mo said...

Why does he look so much older than when I saw him 3 weeks ago!!?? Must be the school setting!
I know Sissy will enjoy the one-on-one time with Mommy too. Looking forward to more blogging and art.
WAY TO GO, CARLOS! Lots of opportunities ahead! So proud of you!
Love you all x 8

Hartshorns said...

So good to see you again! Congrats to Matthew for starting kindergarten! That must be such a strange feeling for you! How exciting. Congrats also to Carlos, for finishing his schooling and doing so well! Your children are as cute as ever.