Friday, July 18, 2008

Watermelon Margarita



I am perpetually searching for the best summer drink to serve to family and friends during BBQ's and pool parties. The following recipe, which I first tried last night, has taken the #1 spot! I found the recipe in Domino magazine, August 2008 issue. Try this out and let me know what you think...

Watermelon Margaritas

serves 6

3 cups seedless-watermelon chunks (about 1 lb. peeled watermelon)
1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice (4 large limes, juiced)
1/2 cup sugar (more or less, to taste)
1 cup tequila
1/2 cup Grand Marnier

Combine watermelon chunks, lime juice and sugar in a blender, and blend on high until completely liquid and frothy. Combine in pitcher with tequila and Grand Marnier. Fill pitch with ice, stir and serve.  

Be sure to add the ice last, so it doesn't dilute the drink. The half cup sugar was perfect for my batch, and I used a sweet watermelon. This margarita is great because it isn't too sweet or too alcohol-y. Very refreshing!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm....that sounds very refreshing and yummy for a HOT summer day!

Anonymous said...

oops, that was from me!