Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Art Everyday Month 2008


Inspired by a book I am currently reading, "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron, I have been thinking a lot lately about creative living and what that means to me. I've always been a creative and spiritual person (to me, those traits are inseparable) but, somehow, daily demands have weaseled there way into the top spot of my daily to-do list. For me this is a HUGE problem. I need inspiration constantly, because without it I become an irritable, pessimistic kind of person- exactly what I don't want to be. But when I'm creative, creating, I'm so much more fulfilled and that daily to-do list doesn't look so bad and is, in fact, conquerable. In my search to inspire more creativity in my daily life I came across a great website, www.creativeeveryday.com and specifically, www.creativeeveryday.com/creativeeveryday/art-every-day-month.html

November begins the Art Everyday Month, where readers are challenged to create some art every day, for the entire month. Readers are also invited to post their art on the blog and browse other participants work. It's exactly what I was looking for and wanted to spread the word to anyone else who might be interested. The great thing is there are no rules, only the gentle nudge to live a more creative and inspired life. 

I think I'll post my art here, so stay tuned!?! And if anyone participates too, let me know. And check out the book, "The Artist's Way" because it's phenomenal!

1 comment:

SisterJulia said...

Oooh, creative everyday sounds a good challenge...
And wow! Matthew and Natalya are gorgeous!!