Monday, June 23, 2008

Pea Popsicle Recipe



Momma Mo's Pea Popsicle Recipe

What you need:
  • Plastic Make-Your-Own Popsicle Mold
  • Frozen Baby Peas (thawed)
  • Water
  • Blender
What you do:
  • Put 1 1/2 cups thawed peas in blender
  • Add 1/3 cup water
  • Blend until smooth
  • Pour into popsicle mold and freeze
  • Undress baby
  • Let her/him enjoy!!!
Growing up, my mom would always claim that she gave my sister and I homemade pea popsicles when we were babies. I would firmly deny the truth to her statements, because I HATE peas and always have. Her come-back was that I should try it with my own kids and see if they were the "hit" that they were with me. So... I put it to the test. 
I found the popsicle mold at the dollar store and remembered that I had frozen peas at home, left-over from a salad that I made for a BBQ.  With doubt in my mind, I made the popsicles. The following day, it was in the high 70's- great for popsicles, right!?! I recalled mom saying we would devour them and end up covered in peas, so I undressed Natalya prior to putting her in her highchair and letting her go at it. As the pictures attest, the pea popsicle was a hit.
So mom, I am sorry for doubting you all these years. And thanks for the wonderful and cooling treat for the baby. Everyone else- let your kids try the pea popsicle (or any other veggie they like) and put Momma Mo's recipe to the test.

6 comments:

Hartshorns said...

yummy -- great idea!

-anya

Anonymous said...

eeeew!! But it looks like she enjoyed it! It sounds like a great healthy warm-day snack idea!

Nadine said...

As if pureed peas weren't gross enough... for some reason the popsicle version is even worse! But if it works... it works!

Nadine said...

Hey, from Kristen's blog its Nate, Shannon, Lucy, and Will... http://www.lucyandwill.blogspot.com/
Fun blog to visit! Enjoy!

Nadine said...

SO what weekend should we try to plan a BBQ? I can't remember when you said you would be up here, and what would work for BBQ Weekend...

Anonymous said...

you've got to be KIDDING me MO!!! and I thought you were a NICE mom!

haha!!