Wednesday, June 4, 2008

His and Hers Pedicures

Matthew and I gave each other pedicures last night. It may seem silly, but it was one of those moments that I wished I could record digitally in my memory bank, able to replay on demand. I did his feet first, so he would know what to do, and when it was my turn, Matthew dedicated all of his intention and attention toward making sure that I was relaxed. He actually said, "OK Mommy, now put your head back and close your eyes."Sometimes I don't know where he comes up with the things he says,  but boy is it cute! While I sat, feeling like a queen, I thanked God for giving me such a beautiful family and for allowing me these precious moments. I prayed that every parent is able to enjoy their children the way Carlos and I do. And tears filled my eyes and heart as I asked God to help me show my kids that they are my greatest accomplishments, the joy in my days, and the loves of my life.

2 comments:

Nadine said...

That is just too stinkin' cute! Oh he is going to be a charmer isn't he??

Anonymous said...

How cute! What a good little guy you have there :)