Thursday, June 11, 2009

Matthew's 5th Birthday Party

(click to enlarge)

What a fabulous birthday party! The kids had fun, the parents had fun, even Carlos and I enjoyed ourselves.

This year's party was different in that Matthew invited his friends from school and our neighborhood, rather than having family members and family friends as guests. He took on the role of host without hesitation, showing his buddies around our home and yard. I was thrilled to hear him take such pride in his surroundings and  home-life. And since he was so super-duper excited about the party beforehand, I was surprised that he took so much interest in making sure that his friends had a good time as well. 

My favorite part was the pinata... seeing the kids bashing at it with such passion and determination was hilarious. 

After everyone left, Matthew hugged Carlos and I and said, "that was the best party ever. we should do the same thing next year." Mission accomplished.

3 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

That is a pretty sweet comment to you guys from Matthew. I can't wait toil Caitlyn can talk to me like that. Happy Birthday, Buddy!

Megs said...

Happy Birthday Matty! Looks like you had one fun party!

Gramma Mo said...

What a sweet boy you have! I love his determined look swinging at the pinata. And the smiles (& falls) in the 3-legged race. Even Natalya got to pin the tail on the donkey! What fun! And your back yard looks so nice. Great memories were created that day! Hug that Birthday Boy for me! LOVE you all x 8