Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On the hunt - Chore Board

Like me, Matthew lives in the visual realm. He likes to see what he needs to do and what he has already done. Because of this I am looking for a chore board or chore check list to keep a visual record of his to-do's and done's.




I first saw this one at a local toy shop. Loving that this version is very comprehensive and the dry erase bottom section would come in handy. However, it looks a little too "day-care center" for me. Is it vain to expect the chore board have a certain aesthetic, one that I would not shudder at seeing on my wall? I think not. :) Particularly since I need it to be in a central location, the kitchen, to use it properly.

So my search continued. Etsy has several options, a bit more suited to my tastes.


This is from soapstarmom who offers additional chore cards as well.


AbbiesHouse is another great option, also offering additional chore magnets.

And these are only a few of the choices out there. Yet, all in all, I have not found THE ONE. I'm thinking this calls for a craft project....

2 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Hmm.. You can always make a chalk board one because then its just chalk board paint :)

Momma Mo said...

Great idea to have Matthew help with chores & feel the satisfaction of completing them. I like Erica's idea of chalk board paint. It comes in a few other colors besides black & the design can be specific to your needs. I'm sure you'll come up with something fantastic! We'll want to see progress reports on whatever you decide.





































































































































































































































I like Erica's idea of chalk board paint. Besides black, I think it comes in a few bright colors. Then design it to fit your specific needs,