Thursday, December 3, 2009

My 2nd Birthday, by Talya

My second birthday. I love anything that starts with "my" but an entire day in my honor really takes the cake. I even had a pin that said "Birthday Princess." And a princess I was. My Great Grandma Sam, Gramma Mo, and Auntie Jenni were there, along with my mommy, dad, and brother of course.

First, I opened my presents. There were so many; it was a bit overwhelming. I hardly knew where to look or what to grab.
I got a book that was so cool I stopped unwrapping to read it. I showed everyone all the cool pictures and let them hear all the words I know. And I know a lot of words. I'm two now... remember!?!


Daddy and Matthew started helping me open presents. I guess they wanted to speed things up. I didn't care because I was checking out my new sneakers. I am a shoe girl after all. (hint, hint, Santa. size 6)

The cards I got were just as interesting as the presents. They are like mini books. Even my brother Matthew gave me a card that he signed himself. He wrote, "I love sister," too.

Soon I was covered in presents. Fabulous things that everyone put so much thought into.

Lastly, they sang me Happy Birthday and we had cake. And boy was it yummy. I got quite a sugar high because my mommy doesn't let me have many sweets. Don't tell, but my brother and I kept putting our fingers in the frosting when we thought no one was looking. :)


And when all of the festivities were over, I sat in that same chair for over an hour checking out all of my cool stuff. Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate my 2nd birthday. By the looks of my smile, you can see it was perfect.


4 comments:

Marianne P. said...

I loved these pics and adore this little girl. She is so gorgeous-- as gorgeous as her brother-- in addition to having HEV (high entertainment value)!
Sara, I love the way you take pictures-- they are so candid while capturing the essence of Talya and Matty. You are really good at this. I hope you are still painting, creating and following The Artist's Way.
I love you all.
Mare

Gramma Mo said...

TWO CUTE!! So glad we could be there for her 2nd birthay! We talked about our visit all the way home. GreatGrandma Sam was so amazed when sang along with her new toy when she heard the ABC song! Great pictures, that sweet face..really shows what fun she had. And us too! Love you all x 8

Momma Mo said...

P.S. I guess I need to check my spelling. 8-) Glad you updated the pictures on the side. They're so precious. But how about a picture of you too! You looked gorgeous in that red dress!

Megs said...

How fun!! It sounds like Talya had a fabulous 2nd birthday! Great pictures Sara....she is so darling! Love the pictures of Talya, but I agree with your mom...how about putting one up of you? I wanna see the red dress :) I love you...bye!