Tuesday, April 8, 2008

At the Pool





Portland has a couple of great community centers, which we frequent. Today was Natalya's first time at the pool and she absolutely loved it. She floated around for a whole hour, kicking her feet and splashing her hands, and watching Matthew in delight. Of course everyone at the pool was in love with her. Both Natalya and Matthew met a couple of new friends who go swimming regularly, so I think we are going to make this a weekly adventure. Matthew loves the social exposure. I am so grateful that I will be able to stay at home with the kids, as it makes scheduling a lot easier. With both Carlos and I working, we just didn't have the time to encourage Matthew to try new activities. Now that he realizes I will be at home with him all day, he is coming up with all kinds of ideas to fill our time. He starts karate during summer session, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Nadine said...

I am so glad to find you have started a blog! I searched for your email info after we met up last summer for the baby shower and never did find it. But I have thought about you and wondered about your new baby from time to time. Looks like life is treating you well! I look forward to seeing your future blogs and more pics of that cute family of yours!